Right off the bat, and above all, I need to advise you that IELTS Listening is a legitimate test, one that has been structured and adjusted over many, numerous years. They give you bearings that let you know precisely what you ought to do, where you should look, and what you should focus on. Follow the bearings!
IELTS Listening test: The Facts
- There are 4 segments on the IELTS Listening test.
Segment 1 – Conversation taking place between 2 individuals on a general point.
Segment 2 – Monolog 1 individual discussing the general subject.
Segment 3 – Conversation between 2 individuals about a scholarly subject.
Segment 4 – Monolog about a scholarly subject.
- The IELTS Listening test is done first, before the Reading and Writing segments of the test in a maximum number of test centers.
- The Listening test takes around 40 minutes to complete wherein 30 minutes of listening to the questions, and 10 minutes to write your answers is given.
On test day, listen to the individual on the CD, and follow these means:
1. You will be advised to open your test booklet. But, don’t take a look at the inquiries yet! Take a deep breath, and focus on the lady/man’s voice originating from the CD.
2. Each segment will be presented by the lady/man on the CD. She/he will say something like: ‘You will hear two students, Steven and Maria, discussing an exhibition hall they went to as of late. You presently have an opportunity to take a gander at questions 1 to 6.
a. Listen to the introduction carefully. It reveals to you who is going to talk, and what they are going to discuss. This is significant! It heats up your mind to the point you will hear talked about. You know how students talk, and you realize some vocabs identified with historical centers. In this way, your cerebrum is getting to that data, and, thusly, better ready to comprehend Steven and Maria when they begin talking.
b. There is an ideal opportunity to take a glance at the questions before you listen. The individual on the CD says ‘You presently have some opportunity to review the questions 1 to 6.’ Use this time well, since it is short. At the point when the individual advises you to do this, take a gander at the inquiries she/he says, and just those questions. Be dynamic. Underline keywords and phrases and consider what sort of answer you will listen for, for example, a name or a number.
3. The lady/man on the CD will at that point say Listen cautiously to the discussion and answer the 1 to 6 questions. Listen and spotlight on the phrases you underlined. Recollect that the inquiries are replied to in the order of the discourse or monolog. Compose your answers legitimately in the test booklet, and not on the response sheet.
4. In the center and toward the finish of the discussion or talk, the individual on the CD will say ‘You currently have some time to check your responses for questions 1 to 6. If you feel uncertain about a portion of your answers, just check those you are uncertain of for spelling and language structure. On the off chance that you feel certain about a large portion of your answers, you may utilize this opportunity to look forward to the following gathering of inquiries. This will give you additional opportunities to circle keywords and anticipate answers.
5. Toward the finish of each of the four segments, you will have 10 minutes to move your responses to a different answer sheet. This is a lot of time. Try not to attempt to go rapidly. Simply duplicate your answers cautiously.
How might you be sure? Get ready!
All students who get a 7 or higher on the test will reveal to you that arrangement is vital, not just learning the test systems, steps, and doing test practice, yet putting resources into continuous into improving generally listening abilities. All things considered, in the event that you don’t comprehend the English that you hear on the test, you won’t discover the appropriate responses, regardless of how often you practice the test. Attempt and parity your time between general listening practice (web recordings, motion pictures) and test practice. Good karma!