SPP was created in partnership between the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) and the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The complete form of SPP is the Student Partners Program. It is a plan between some chosen Canadian educational institutions and the Canadian High Commission in India to give a speedy and simple student study visa for the planned students who are taking interest in the institutions in Canada. The fundamental goal of this program is to build the quantity of Canadian Student Visa issued to Indian students and to make the affirmations visa process progressively proficient.
As a student you don’t need to apply for the SPP independently; you have to apply to your desired college and if your application meets the particular rules, you might be considered under the program. It is suggested that you must present your application, in any event, three months before the start of the academic program. You have to experience a mandatory clinical assessment before presenting your visa application by visiting one of the Designated Medical Practitioners (DMP) in India. Also, note that the Student Partners Program (SPP) has now been termed as the Student Direct Stream (SDS) program in India.
Qualification/Requirements for applying under SPP
For Undergraduate Degrees –
- Overall IELTS test score of minimum 6.0 with no band under 5.5 given in the last two years.
- Study gap should not be more than two years, with certain special exceptions made for students with amazing evaluations and a three-year study gap.
- The program applied for must be corresponding and should increase the value of past education.
- The student ought to have a minimum score of 50% in their currently finished degree or diploma.
- Educational cost installment proof to be submitted as asked by the SPP foundation for one semester or one year.
- One must purchase a unique Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia Bank, in the amount of $10,000 CAD to cover everyday costs for your first year in Canada.
- In the event that you have recently been denied a Canadian student visa, you are not qualified to apply under SPP.
For Post Graduate Degrees –
- Require an overall IELTS score of minimum 6.5 with no band under 6.0 given in the previous two years.
- Study gap should not be more than 5 years, with certain exemptions made for students with brilliant evaluations and a six-year gap.
- The program must be integral and worth added to its past instruction.
- The student ought to have a minimum Second Class of C-level with at least 50% in their lately finished certificate or degree.
- Proof of educational cost installment for one semester or one year to be submitted as asked by the SPP establishment.
- One should possess a unique Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia Bank, in the measure of $10,000 CAD to cover everyday costs for your first year in Canada.
- You ought to have graduated with not in excess of eight backlogs in your past degree.
- In the event that you have recently been rejected a Canadian student visa, you are not qualified to apply under SPP.
Colleges and Universities that fall under SPP
There are 40+ colleges and universities that fall under SPP. The majority of the schools (with two or three exemptions) under SPP show specialized courses and offer recognitions and degrees.
There are numerous prominent colleges that come under the SPP from Canadian areas, to be specific:
- British Columbia
The most effective method to apply for the SPP Program
Applying to a Student Partners Program associated with the college isn’t any unique in relation to applying to any Canadian college or university. In any case, it is fundamental for applicants to know the subtleties of the application procedure to SPP schools to ensure there is no flaw or blunder in any application stage. Here we have portrayed the means to get admission to an SPP school and visa. The most significant factor is to deal with education costs as once the funds have been arranged; getting the visa stamped will get simpler.
University or college application process
There are various advances engaged with applying to schools under SPP. The means are like applying to some other college/university in Canada, with an extra spotlight on the accounts. Additionally, note that you can’t for a visa under SPP in the event that you don’t have a score of minimum 6 or above in IELTS. Following are the ways to apply for the SPP application process –
- Choosing an SPP university or college and course of decision
- Showing up for the necessary tests
- Apply for course affirmation
- Clinical Examination
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
- Apply for the student study visa
Visa under SPP
One of the most alluring highlights about SPP is that handling of the student visa is quicker and simpler. The documents required to apply for a visa under SPP are less in number and annual income tax verification isn’t required under this program. An SPP visa application is handled and finished within 5 to 10 working days. Visa applications must be presented by 1st August every year by those looking for affirmation for Fall/September intake. You can decide to apply for the visa on the web or through VFS (Visa Facilitation Services) in New Delhi or Chandigarh.
SPP Visa Requirements and Checklists
Begun in 2009, the SPP Program is as yet running effectively with a high endorsement rate. Applicants are required to apply to SPP colleges or universities simply like applying to some other university or college. When you have received your acceptance letter from the college or the university, the claimant would be required to apply for their student visa. You have to fulfill certain qualification requirements and prerequisites before you can apply for a student visa.