Singapore Student Visa
In Singapore, every visa is referred to as a “pass”. So it is:
It is no different from Student visa.
Singapore student pass application:
After receiving the confirmation letter of admission from a desired institute, students need to apply for a student pass to enter Singapore. Institutes in Singapore will file the Singapore student pass for Indian application on behalf of the student to Singapore immigration and checkpoint Authority (ICA). Normally it will take 2 – 3 weeks to get the Singapore study visa pass.
Proof of financial sources:
As per the Singapore student visa rules, the candidate has to show funds which must be minimum 1 day old from the date of the visa application.
Singapore student pass requirements for Indian in same order as given hereunder:
- International student application form
- One Passport size photo (less than 6 months old)
- Visa application fee
- Bank Statements – ORIGINAL for the last 28 days from all sponsors
- Transcripts (Mark sheets -from 10th class till the last degree obtained)
- Affidavit of Support to be given by the sponsor on Rs.20 stamp paper (non-judicial)
- Work experience certificate
- Fixed Deposit Receipts (if necessary)
- Bank loan sanction letter (if necessary)
Applicants are encouraged to apply at least 2 months before the commencement of the course.
If the required documents are not in the English language, officially translated versions, as well as copies in the original language, are required.
For Singapore, there is no fixed set of requirements for the student pass. Students submit the documents, and ICA makes a decision. If the following boxes are ticked, students will most likely be granted a student pass:
- The institution applies on students behalf once they choose a full-time course at a recognized educational institution;
- Academic credentials to support that student have completed secondary or tertiary education
- Properly filled application form and the supporting documents all check out
Singapore has the ambition to be a regional education hub. So in general, the student pass process is kept as accessible and streamlined as possible.
Students should process the Student Pass application as soon as possible can. Students are advised to bring their original documents when they collect their student pass.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that students will always need a valid endorsement in their passport, be it a student pass or social visit pass.
Turn Around Time
The application can be as fast as two weeks, but it’s safer to assume that it will take 4-5 weeks until approval.
We at Global Opportunities help students throughout with free counseling on their study abroad queries. With our 15 offices operating across India, we are nearer to every student.
Global Education Fair is being organized every year where hundreds of International Universities mark their presence where our education experts, counselors and other officials like ex-visa officers, travel advisors provide students free detailing on the courses, universities, places and numerous available options that fulfill their dream of studying abroad.
Students can get their Visa queries resolved on Toll-Free 1800-111-119 by fixing an appointment with our Ex-Visa Officials.
Contact Global Opportunities and speak to a counselor today.