New Zealand Student Visa
New Zealand Visa’s
If students will be staying in New Zealand for more than 3 months, then they need to apply for student visa. Once students have their visa, they can stay in the country for more than four years and can get permission to work up to 20 weeks, for that they must be enrolled with any higher education institution of the Country.
At Global Opportunities, we provide students with an end to end professional guidance in compiling and lodging the student visa application to Immigration New Zealand through their commercial partners in India M/s TT Services Pvt Ltd.
To get a visa to study in New Zealand students must meet Immigration New Zealand’s requirements. If students are enrolling in a program of study for the first time, then they need to have an offer of place from a New Zealand education provider.
The offer of a place:
An offer must include:
• The education provider’s name and contact details
• The name of the program of study and the minimum time required for completing it,
• Proof that the program of study and program of study provider meet New Zealand’s requirements for international students,
• The amount of the fee for the complete program of study, or if the program of study is longer than one year, the annual fee,
• Whether student have to pay tuition fees
• Whether the fees are domestic or foreign fees,
• Whether the study is full-time or part-time, and
• Confirmation all requirements under the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students are met (including accommodation for under 18-year-olds and program of study prerequisites).
Tertiary Education Providers
Tertiary education providers can offer a program of study to international students if they meet certain conditions.
• Private training establishments (PTEs) can only offer international students the approved program of study that is longer than three months and registered with the NZQA. The PTE must be accredited by the NZQA to offer the program of study
• Institutions including universities, polytechnics, colleges of education and wananga can only offer an approved program of study that is longer than three months and registered with the NZQA. The institution must be accredited to offer the course. The enrolment of an international student must not prevent a New Zealand student or an NZAP student from gaining a place at the same institution.
Health and Character
Students have to meet the Country’s health and character requirements. Some people who have committed serious crimes will not be allowed into New Zealand at all.
Evidence of funds to support yourself
To gain a student visa we want to see that students can meet their living costs during their stay.
Evidence may include:
• Enough money held in New Zealand by students, or on their behalf,
• A financial undertaking to cover students accommodation and living costs,
• Sponsorship by an acceptable sponsor to cover students accommodation and living costs, or
• Financial assistance available to students under aid programs operated in New Zealand by a government agency
Students must have a valid passport for at least three months past the end of their stay.
Once students have a student visa, they must meet certain conditions during their stay.
• Must attend the place of the study noted on their visa
• If they have to be accompanied by a guardian, they must live with that person
• Students should be able to show that they are doing well in their particular course
• Undertake only that work which is allowed by student visa
• Obey New Zealand’s laws
• Only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed in their visa
If Students breach any of these conditions then they are liable for deportation.
Global Opportunities provides comprehensive assistance in compiling student visa application to submit this to the New Zealand High Commission. We have robust systems in place to ensure that all information required is checked off and reconfirmed by students.
We at Global Opportunities help students throughout with free counseling on their study abroad queries. With our 15 offices operating across India, we are nearer to every student.
Global Education Fair is being organized every year where hundreds of International Universities mark their presence where our education experts, counselors and other officials like ex-visa officers, travel advisors provide students free detailing on the courses, universities, places and numerous available options that fulfill their dream of studying abroad.
Students can get their Visa queries resolved on Toll-Free 1800-111-119 by fixing an appointment with our Ex-Visa Officials.
Contact Global Opportunities and speak to a counselor today.