The TOEFL test design contains four areas, Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing – alongside the all-out score. It is constantly prompted that students should practice a lot, as the more they practice TOEFL sample papers, the better their scores will be. TOEFL test design is chosen by the ETS, which is the directing body that administers the TOEFL test.
TOEFL scores will be declared online 10 days after the start date of the test. The complete score can be seen with the complete set of the scores of all four sections. Aside from this, at the hour of the TOEFL enrollment, aspirants get the choice of choosing up to four foundations where they can easily send the score report. When the TOEFL results are announced, ETS sends the official score reports directly to the institutions that the applicant has chosen.
By and the TOEFL test can endeavor in two structures, the web-based test (CBT) and the paper-based test (PBT). In any case, most nations follow the web-based test and a couple of the nations follow the paper-based test. Before one begins to plan for the TOEFL test students ought to consistently experience the complete syllabus of the TOEFL exam as it will help them in the preparation.
Questions and Durations
Questions: 2 and
Total Duration: 50 minutes
Aspirants need to write essay-type answers that are basically reading and listening based, on supporting their opinion in writing.
Total Duration: 17 minutes
Students need to express their opinion on a given topic that is familiar to them and speak on the reading and listening tasks.
Duration: 41-57 minutes
Listening to lectures, conversations, classroom discussions, and, then answer to the questions based on them.
|Questions: 30–40 questions|
Duration: 54–72 minutes
Reading 3 or 4 passages from the texts and answering questions based on them.
Reasons to take the TOEFL Exam?
- The TOEFL exam is mostly undertaken by students who are planning to pursue higher education overseas.
- Appearing for the TOEFL test also allows students to be eligible for numerous scholarships.
- It also helps students and candidates who are looking for employment abroad with their student visa application process.
- Accepted in over 11,000 universities and institutions worldwide, including universities in Australia, Canada, United States, New Zealand, UK, and across Europe and Asia.
- TOEFL is one of the most preferred English-language tests for students who want to study abroad.
- TOEFL is a more preferred exam among students as TOEFL scores are directly sent to universities in Canada and the United States than all other English-language tests when combined.
- TOEFL also guarantees students a fair and unbiased process of score reporting, making the test more authentic in nature.