Indian students applying to Canadian universities would now be able to expect a quicker visa handling time, on account of the recently propelled student visa program to study in Canada. With impact from June 8, 2018, Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada has started another program in particular Student Direct Stream (SDS) to make application preparation times quicker for students from India, China, the Philippines, and Vietnam. The SDS program is as far as anyone knows to supplant SPP, the past student visa program which additionally encouraged a quicker visa process.
According to the recently presented SDS program, students must meet a specific set of requirements, stricter than those contrasted with the past SPP to study in Canada.
For Indian students planning to study in Canada, here are the new program prerequisites that one must:
- Applicants should score a minimum IELTS score of 6 bands in every module for both UG and PG courses.
- Students must compensate for full education costs for the first year of study.
- The applicants must purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10000.
- Universities applied by the students must have an enrolled Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) number.
List of documents required for SDS visa application to study in Canada:
- Duplicate copy of your acknowledgment letter from the DLI.
- Duplicate copy of your clinical assessment affirmation.
- Evidence of GIC installment of $10000.
- Evidence of installment of first-year education cost.
- Evidence of English language necessities that is an IELTS score of 6 in every module or the applicant graduated from a Canadian educational plan secondary school.
Under the new SDS program, every Canadian school and Institutions with an enlisted DLI number will go under SDS. Not at all like SPP which permitted global students to apply to just 40 odd PSI foundations, the SDS currently is available to any school and college with a substantial DLI number. The visa handling time for SDS student visa applications will be around 45 days or less. For non-SDS programs, the handling time will be equivalent to standard preparing times which is around 7 weeks.
Advantages of applying through SDS
- Quicker visa preparing time
- Less budgetary documentation
Summarizing, here are the fundamental features:
- Visa preparation time diminished to 45 days.
- Each university having an enrolled DLI goes under SDS expanding the alternatives for students.
- GIC installment of $10000
- Installment of full educational cost for the principal year
- Medical assessment to be taken multi-week before presenting the application.
- Have an IELTS of 6 in every module.
The SDS program is by all accounts a breather for Indian students who would now be able to seek a quicker visa, more alternatives, and open doors for employment and permanent residency thereafter.