Like other countries, Australia is now turning out to be a popular country among young students from many International countries including India. The country consists of many top-ranked institutions, a well-developed education system, friendly citizens, and of course, beautiful places to see. However, the given factors are not enough when deciding to study abroad. One has to take into account the expenses that will be required to study in Australia.
For talented students of any country, the scholarship scheme is a boon anytime, especially when they are completely paid by the organizations. In this, the applicant’s tuition fees, their living expenses, and apart from this if the student requires anything for the educational purpose will be covered. The sponsors of the scholarships can either be an educational institution such as a university or a private organization, or the Australian Embassy, and the Australian Government. One should always research well and clearly check out the eligibility requirements before applying for the scholarships.
Here, are various scholarships that are fully funded to study in Australia.
- Australia Awards Scholarships
As decided by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Australia plans to grant approximately 2000 Australia Awards scholarships to students of 50 developing countries. This is an initiative started by the Australian government to encourage the students of the developing countries to come and study in their Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. So that they can contribute to the development of their own country.
- Full-paid tuition fees
- Single travel air expense
- Covers the basic living expense
- Includes payment for books, accommodation, and other study material.
- The scholarship covers student’s medical in the duration of the award.
- For some research work, If the student requires some fieldwork in Australia only, then they are entitled to get an economy class airfare for their return journey.
- The particular institution only can nominate their own applicants that to up to 4 candidates.
- The student should be a recent graduate or about to complete its graduation.
- An excellent academic background is required.
- The women and disabled people are given some special considerations.
- ACU Destination Australia International Scholarships
The aim behind starting the Destination Australia International Scholarship is to encourage the International as well as the Australian students to study in the regional part of Australia. The scholarship offers financial support to outstanding students.
- The scholarship amount set for a three-year program is AUD$ 50,000 and for the four-year program, the amount is AUD$ 65,000.
- The payment to the educational institutions will be provided in the form of installments of AUD$ 7,500 each semester.
- The Destination Australia International Scholarship is available for all nationalities.
- The claimants must stay in Victoria whether in rural areas or in urban areas.
- Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship
The applicants who want to pursue higher degrees in research programs such as Research Doctorate and Research Master’s degree program are entitled to accept grants from the Research Training Program (RTP).
- Full-paid tuition fees.
- Some amount of stipend set by RTP for living expenses.
- RTP provides medical insurance to its students and other allowances are also covered such as other educational requirements.
- The scholarship is available to the domestic as well as international students.
- The duration of the scholarship for Research masters is of 2 years or 3 years and maximum it 4 years for the Research Doctorate Degree Program.
- The application forms and the process of selection depends upon the university to university.
- Scholarships by University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne offers 3 fully-paid scholarships.
- Melbourne Research Scholarship
- Research Training Program Scholarship
- Graduate Research Scholarship
All of these scholarships are available only to the outstanding students of the University of Melbourne who are pursuing the graduate research program. To avail any of this scholarship the applicant does not have to apply but they are selected automatically on the basis of their incredible performance. Apart from this major requirement, the applicant must have good and relevant work experience and should have referred publications.
- Complete fees for the students who are doing masters as well as doctoral research degrees.
- The claimants are covered under Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Living expense according to the course of approximately AUD$ 30,000
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
The University of Adelaide offers completely paid scholarships for foreign students. The Adelaide Scholarship International (ASI) is available only for the master’s program of research which is for the duration of 2 years, and a doctoral research program of 3 years wherein the maximum time extension of 6 months can be availed.
The scholarship provides full-tuition fees, living expenses annually, student medical insurance, and other educational expenses like project publications.
- The claimants must be from foreign countries.
- They should meet the Basic English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- The basic qualification for the program must be completed before applying for the master’s program.