The United Kingdom is considered as one of the most popular destinations for international students for their Study in UK journey. The UK is already home to some of the most esteemed universities in the world. There are one year masters courses for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the UK. For 1 year undergraduate courses it is compulsory for students to complete their class 12th and for 1 year masters courses it is compulsory for students to have completed their undergraduate degree specialization. Let discuss about One Year Courses in UK For International Students now.
1 Year Undergraduate Diploma Courses in the United Kingdom
|Diploma in Business||11 Months|
|Diploma In Marketing||will vary as per subject|
|Diploma In Psychology||1 Year|
|Diploma in Journalism||1 Year|
|Diploma in sales||13 Months|
|Graduate Diploma in Law||1 Year|
|Diploma in Zoology||1 Year|
|Diploma in Accounting||13 Months|
1 Year Postgraduate Diploma Courses in the United Kingdom
|PG Diploma in Agriculture||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Sales||13 Months|
|PG Diploma in Data Science||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Business Management||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Pharmacy||1 Year|
|Diploma in FilmMaking||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Banking & Finance||1 Year|
|Diploma in Art & Design||1 Year|
Eligibility and Requirements for 1 Year/Diploma Courses in the United Kingdom
Many universities and colleges in the United Kingdom offers different undergraduate and postgraduate diploma courses. Varying disciplines have different eligibility criteria for different domains. However, some of the common minimum eligibility criteria for 1 year diploma courses in the United Kingdom are:
- A student must have passed his or her 12th board exams with a minimum required percentage of 60% to receive the undergraduate diploma.
- If the student is applying for a postgraduate diploma then he or she must have completed his/her bachelors degree with a minimum percentage of 60 percent.
- As a general mandate the student must take english proficiency exams such as PTE, TOEFL, IELTS and other exams. A minimum IELTS score of 6 to 6.5 is considered for diploma programs.
- Students who are interested in management programs should have either GRE or GMAT scores available.
- Few of the institutions may also need LOR (Letter of Recommendations) and SOP (Statement of Purpose) from their last academic institutes.
How to Apply for 1 Yr/Diploma Courses in the United Kingdom?
It is a very easy process to apply for 1 Yr/diploma courses in the United Kingdom for international students:
- It is very important to make a list of comprehensive universities and shortlist the finest ones based on your preferences and financial constraints
- To be on a safer side it is very much necessary to read all the qualifying requirements before beginning the application process to ensure that all the requirements are met.
- Students need to prepare their scorecards for English Proficiency Tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and others to help with their admissions process.
- Fill the required application form for university admission.
- In the last the student will receive a call letter from the university and college after they have passed the interview process.
- After students have received the confirmation they can apply for a student’s visa or visitor’s visa depending on the duration of the stay.
Most of the Indian students look for the shortest duration of courses to study in the United Kingdom for the same purpose they consider short term courses like 1 year diploma courses or 1.5 year courses which are available at low costs in the United Kingdom. Many universities in the UK provide these excellent short term courses for international students, further creating employment opportunities in some of the top firms in the world. Students need to check the eligibility criteria and program specifications before applying for diploma courses in the United Kingdom.
What are 1 Year courses in the United Kingdom?
Some of the 1 year courses in the United Kingdom are termed as Diploma courses which are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate diploma programs.
How much does 1 year study cost in the United Kingdom?
The cost of study in UK universities has risen in the last few years. The cost of study in the UK varies from university to program and hence it cannot be justified as a final number. It is best to research the course fee by visiting the official page of college.
Is a 1 year UK degree valid in India?
It all depends upon the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) whether they approve a 1 year UK degree or not if you are applying for Indian government jobs or further studies.