From June 8, 2018, Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada have propelled another program, Student Direct Stream (SDS) for students of India, Vietnam, China, and the Philippines. The new SDS program makes application processing times quicker for students of the above-mentioned countries. In any case, under this program, the applicants should meet the set rules before applying under the SDS program. These parameters set by the IRCC are severe in contrast with the previous student’s visa program SPP. In this article, we will advise you about the total application process for SDS Canada.
Under the Student Direct Stream (SDS), the location of the candidate assumes a significant job in getting them the study permit quicker. For the most part, the SDS applications are handled within the tenure of 20 schedule days. However, a few applications can sometimes take more time to process. The applicants need to get a visa, as Study Permit doesn’t go about as a Visa. With a study permit alone, the aspirants can’t make a trip to Canada.
Prerequisites for getting quicker preparing:
- The applicants need to meet all the qualification standards set under this program
- The applicant ought to present his biometrics right away
The eligibility prerequisites for the SDS Program are:
- Student must be a resident of India, China, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam, and Senegal.
- The acknowledgment letter should be from a post-secondary assigned learning institution.
- Confirmation of the primary year education cost.
- When applying, the applicants must be living outside of Canada.
- The students must purchase a Guaranteed Investment of Certificate (GIC) of $10000. One can purchase GIC in India from ICICI Bank.
- A letter of validation
Investment Balance Confirmation OR Investment Directions Confirmation
- Duplicate of medical assessment.
- Latest academic documents either secondary or post-secondary transcripts.
- Evidence of English language proficiency test results with a minimum IELTS score of 6 bands in every module.
Note: Candidates who are residents of the previously mentioned nations yet are not living in their nation are not qualified to apply through the SDS program.
Instructions to apply for a Study Permit through the Student Direct Stream (SDS)
There is no set guideline for paper application for the Student Direct Stream (SDS) program, make a point to apply online for quicker preparation of Study Permit. Apart from this, additionally, incorporate all the necessary documents alongside your application.
- Try to apply through an online medium.
- You can utilize your own account for presenting the application
- Paying your tuition fees
- The students can also check the status of their application.
Points to remember before applying:
- Adhere to the visa official instructions cautiously.
- Present all the supporting documents
- You should satisfy the eligibility measures before applying
If your application is accepted:
- IRCC will send you a letter of confirmation
- IRCC will likewise send you an electronic travel approval (eTA) so you can venture out to Canada.
If your application is dismissed:
- IRCC will send you a letter giving you the details for the refusal of your application.