University of Hertfordshire provides number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Main Schools of University of Hertfordshire are following:
- School of Aerospace, Automotive and Design Engineering : This school is known for producing talented and highly skilled Engineers .This school provides undergraduate, postgraduate research programmes. The main courses provided by this school are aerospace engineering, aerospace technology with management, automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, research degrees in micro engineering, research degrees in engineering design etc
- School of Art and Design : This school provides innovative and challenging courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the field of fine and applied arts,2D design(graphics and illustrations),3D design(interior and spatial, product and industrial design) fashion and art therapies. It also provides opportunities for students to study research degree, either full or part time.
- School of Business : This school is known for providing innovative degree courses .It provide real life work experience to students. This school provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of accounting & finance, business analysis & statistics, economics, human resource management, tourism, hospitality, event management etc.
- School of Combined Studies : This school helps students in studying two or more subjects at higher level with a chance to spend part of course in another country. This school offers 20 different subjects, with a choice of more then 300 different subject combinations. Students can mix languages with law, mathematics with digital media technology or psychology with sports studies etc.
- School of Computer Science : This is one of the largest computer science departments in country. This school offers wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that can lead to more specialized qualification. It offer courses in the field of software development, software engineering, network technologies, databases and the web and applications relating to business etc.
- School of Continuing Education and Partnership : This school focuses on widening partnership in higher education across Hertfordshire. This school delivers career specific education and training programmes. This school offers courses in the field of business with law, graphic design, fine art practice ,health and social care practice etc
- School of Education : This school provide education and training of teachers and other professionals in the field of education. This school offers accredited courses , employment based routes for graduates etc
- School of Electronic, Communication and Electrical Engineering : This school is known for developing engineering courses. This school provides courses in the field of broadcast technologies, computer and network systems, digital and electronic communication, internet and multimedia etc.
- School of Film, Music and Media : This school offers wide range of career courses in the field of film and television production, music composition and technology, digital animation, special effects, new media and digital photography etc
- School of Health and Emergency professions : This school is first in U.K Universities to offer BSc degree courses in paramedic science, inter-professional learning using medical simulation technology in realistic workplace settings etc.
- School of Higher Education consortium : This school supports vocational higher education. This school provides innovative foundation degrees, extended degrees and higher national diploma.
- School of Humanities : This school offers courses in the field of creative writing, journalism, book group, family history etc. Its undergraduate programmes give its students choice of over 150 modules.
- School of Law : This school provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It offers wide variety of courses like bachelor of law, criminal justice, research degrees in law, LLM in e-commerce, LLM in International law, LLM in Maritime law etc
- School of Life Sciences : This school provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses to students. This school focuses on life sciences most exciting disciplines such as biosciences, sport sciences and environmental sciences.
- School of Nursing and Midwifery : This school offers undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses to students. This school offers wide variety of courses in the field of clinical nursing, emergency nursing, family health, child welfare and protection, Advancing practice in primary care etc.
- School of Pharmacy : This school is centre of excellence for health care education. This school recruits students to MPharma degrees. This school provides courses in the field of pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharma practice etc
- School of Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics : This school provide courses in the field of physics, astrophysics, mathematics, financial mathematics etc .This school provides opportunity to students to work on real life projects.
- School of Postgraduate Medicine : This school offers postgraduate programmes with strong emphasis on clinical issues. It provide courses in the field of dermatology skills & treatment, health law & ethics, medical education, physician assistant studies etc
- School of Psychology : This school provides wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the area of BSc Honours, Psychology Degree, Clinical Psychology Doctorate, Occupational Psychology, Organizational Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology etc
- School of Social, Community and Health Studies : This school offers innovative pre and post qualifying programmes in counseling, criminal justice, mental health and social work.
University of Hertfordshire provides following courses for International Students:
- International Foundation Programme(IFP) : This programme help International Students to improve there English language and specialist subject skills. This course help International Students in progressing there undergraduate degree course at University of Hertfordshire in U.K.
- Pre-Masters Programme : Pre-Masters programme prepare International Students for entry to wide range of Master's degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, Computer Science at University of Hertfordshire.
- Graduate Certificate in Business : This course is for those International Students who do not meet entry requirements for direct entry into master's programmes. This course provides opportunity to International Students to study for fifteen weeks to gain the skills, knowledge & English proficiency necessary for master's level study.
- Foundation Certificate in English for Academic Purposes (FCEAP) : This programme is for International Students who meet entry requirements of University ,but have not yet achieved the appropriate English language level for entry to wide range of degree courses at university .Successful completion of this course help International Students to chose the degree course of there choice.
- Pre-Sessional English Course : This course help International Students to develop language and other necessary skills to study undergraduate and postgraduate courses at University of Hertfordshire
- Preparing for degree study in Art, Design, Film, Music and Media : This International programme in Art and Design is for those International Students who have senior high school qualification or have studied art & design at diploma or degree level .This programme prepares International Students for wide range of degree courses within the school of art and design.